Watch. It’s personal.
2014 has been one of the strongest for Apple’s product line in many years. In the first 9 months of the year, the following updates were announced, each of which may eventually move the needle for Apple’s business:
- HealthKit: central spot for all of our health tracking apps and devices
- HomeKit: central spot for all of your home automation apps and devices
- Swift: new language to woo more devs. More devs == more apps == more $
- iPhone 6/6+: you know these will sell
- CloudKit: devs can build/host their own services with minimal effort and $
- CloudDrive: sync files between iOS and Mac. Means they’ll sell more Macs
- Handoff: move tasks between iOS and Mac. Means they’ll sell more Macs
- Payments: sounds like they’ll take a cut of each payment processed
That’s 2014. And I probably missed stuff. Not sure I’d agree with Eddie Cue that it’s the best “product pipeline in 25 years”, but I suppose...
Continue reading →